In the weekend of 4 and 5 November 2017 the fifth Royal Gatherings will be organized in the Park Hotel in The Hague, The Netherlands, by the European Royal History Journal and Booksellers Van Hoogstraten in The Hague.
The list of lectures thus far:
- Robert Golden – British Royal photographs
- Kees van der Leer – Marianne, a generous and artistic Princess in Voorburg, Reinhartshausen and Camenz
- Ed Hanson – Helene of France, Duchess of Aosta
- Marian Bette – Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox
- Ilana Miller – The Late Patricia, 2nd Countess Mountbatten of Burma
- Bearn Bilker – Queen Wilhelmina & Hendrik
- Arturo Beéche – Abduction and execution of the Duke d’Enghien
- Renny van Heuven-Nes – Dear old bones (English edition of her book)
- Johan de Haan -At home with the Dutch Royal family? Curating Paleis Het Loo
- Susan Symons – Schloss IV
A few more lectures will be added soon, Van Hoogstraten says, although I think this already sounds quite good. I am looking forward meeting old and maybe new friends. I just received several book coupons/vouchers (or whatever they’re called in English) for my birthday, and I am afraid I have already seen several books I want. Hotel is booked also. And I see I have might have some books at home that I might like to have signed by the author.
If you want to attend go online to Van Hoogstraten or see European Royal History Journal Blog
See here for a report about Royal Gatherings 2014, and for 2015.