Another royalty weekend in Ticehurst, England. This time on 6 and 7 April, 2013, two days full of lectures. I can assure you it is much fun and you’re able to meet other royalty watchers and writers. People mainly come from Great Britain, but also from the USA, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Belgium, etc … Most people attending are middle aged or older, but we younger people are looking forward to more younger people attending the weekend. Oh yes, the catering is absolutely worth it including delicious cakes.
For more information on whom to contact, just send me a mail or a message, as I just don’t want to place this information online. The closest railway station is Wadhurst, which can be reached by train from Tunbridge Wells (which can be reached from London). Best is to stay in the area, and if you don’t have a car, always something can be arranged.
Ticehurst and Flimwell Church of England Primary School, Steellands Rise, Ticehurst, East Sussex, TN5 7DH, UK
Saturday and Sunday, 6-7 April 2013
- Coryne Hall on Royal Nurses
- Margreeth Pop-Jansen on Princess Marianne of the Netherlands
- Neil Rees on The Reburial of King Zog
- Ted Rosvall on The Lesser Known and Hidden Away Royals
- Ian Shapiro on The Hidden Archive of Princess Irene of Prussia
- Christophe Vachaudez on More Belgian Royal Jewels
- John Wimbles on Marie Coburg’s Last Visit to England
- Charlotte Zeepvat with one of her magnificent slide lectures on the Nassau family
- And Richard Thornton who is planning a fiendish quiz
There will also be other royal authors present including Janet Ashton, Robert Golden, Ilana Miller and Helen Rappaport
Booksellers van Hoogstraten of the Hague will be in attendance, and there will be a bring and buy Royal Ephemera sale.
Cost: for all lectures, tea, coffee and snacks, two buffet lunches & one evening meal with wine:
£110 for those paying in sterling before Feb 28th 2013
£115 for those paying with Paypal; or sterling later than Feb 28th 2013