The year 2020 hasn’t been as good as we’d all hoped for. No big royal events, no big travels. There were however several births, christenings, engagements and weddings, and unfortunately also a few deaths. Most sensational things that happened in the past year must surely have been the exit of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Delphine Boël winning her case and becoming a Princess of Belgium.
There were a few nice photosessions, birthdays and national day celebrations – with Denmark, The Netherlands and Norway being the most creative -, and as usual a few scandals, that probably attracted much more media attention than it would have been without Covid-19 crisis. The Spanish King and Queen travelled through their country, in some countries like Belgium the royal children were more visible than ever before. Unfortunately the crisis also became a struggle for many royal families to keep on working, partly online and thus much less visible.
Last week the blog was moved to my original URL and my old website was deleted (or rather became part of the blog). Sometimes I have posted a lot of articles, sometimes I didn’t find enough time for it. This Summer I decided it was more important to stay healthy and I started cycling. After the Summer my father’s health was more important. But anyway, I hope you have enjoyed this blog and keep on visiting. Up to 2021!
- 123 new Posts
- 72,269 Words
- 110 new Comments
- 37 new Likes
- 264 Subscribers of the blog via WordPress or Email
- 4,227 Followers on Twitter
- 562 Followers on Facebook
- 375 Followers on Instagram
- 118,978 Hits
- 50,491 Unique visitors
- Busiest month: December with 15,386 views and 5,713 unique visitors
- Most popular day to visit: Tuesday (17% of the views)
- Most popular time to visit: 5pm (6% of the views)
- Most visitors came from the USA, The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia, France, Canada, Italy, Belgium, Norway.
Here is the top 10 of posts in 2020 (not all written in 2020)
- 4,049 views Noble and royal interracial marriages
- 3.014 views Little Charles attended a German wedding
- 2,546 views The royal ancestry of Boris Johnson, the Queen’s 14th Prime Minister
- 2,023 views Waldburg & Rechberg – Marriage in times of Corona
- 1,831 views 83 Years ago – The tragic death of the Hessen family
- 1,675 views Covid-19 and the royals and nobles
- 1,463 views An imperial wedding in the city of love
- 937 views Bourbon de Parme & Austria – A true royal match
- 914 views My royal mail 2020
- 825 views A sunny wedding in Bavaria with an impressive guestlist